A morning in the kitchen with my two boys; a slow morning ritual, baking our morning tea.
There's something so wonderful about watching children learn. Seeing them add ingredients into a bowl, and learning the process to create something tasty and nutritious.
And of course add in the lifelong skills they develop through it all. A good reminder to slow down and savour the small moments, because the years certainly do fly.
Our favourite farmhouse banana bread recipe is below for you to enjoy and bake with your little ones.
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs (fresh is best!)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 bananas
1. Cream together the butter & sugar
2. Add eggs one at a time and beat on a low-medium speed
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixture and beat on low-medium speed. The key here is to not over mix your batter!
4. Add the bananas. Only mix for a few seconds to incorporate the bananas but still have yummy chunks of banana left
5. Pour into a prepared tin lined with baking paper
6. Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes
Don't forget to tag us in your banana bread photos!